Sebastian Vettel was back in action at the Catalunya track this morning, for the second day of the four day session.
His program concentrated on mechanical set-up work and a look at the softer end of the tire compound range, as he did runs on the Supersoft, new Ultrasoft and Soft.
The German completed 46 laps prior to the lunch break, the best in a time of 1.22.810, set on the Ultrasoft tires.
Vettel recorded a fastest lap time beat his Monday benchmark by over two seconds.
Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo also tried Pirelli's new product, ending the day seven tenths of a second behind his former team-mate.
Sergio Perez placed third for Force India, a tenth slower than Ricciardo, having only used the Super Softs during an afternoon run.
Mercedes again led the mileage charts, this time with Nico Rosberg in action, as the F1 W07 completed almost three race distances.
Rosberg's best effort came on the Medium tire, leaving him two seconds adrift.
|Vettel again fastest|
02/23/16 With rain hitting the track for the last hour, the following times as of 4 PM Tuesday are final with Sebastian Vettel again fastest for Ferrari. Mercedes continues to do full race simulations and hence are not showing their hand yet.
1. Sebastian Vettel Germany Ferrari-Ferrari 75 laps 1m 22.810s
2. Daniel Ricciardo Australia Red Bull-TAG-Heuer 95 laps1m 23.525s
3. Sergio Perez Mexico Force India-Mercedes 65 laps 1m 24.238s
4. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 127 laps 1m 24.867s
5. Marcus Ericsson Sweden Sauber-Ferrari 80 laps 1m 25.734*
6. Valtteri Bottas Finland Williams-Mercedes 94 laps 1m 25.872s
7. Pascal Wehrlein Germany MRT-Mercedes 46 laps 1m 25.925s
8. Fernando Alonso Spain McLaren-Honda 100 laps 1m 26.082s
9. Jolyon Palmer Britain Renault-Renault 42 laps 1m 26.189s
10. Esteban Gutierrez Mexico Haas-Ferrari 44 laps 1m 26.931s
11. Max Verstappen Netherlands Toro Rosso-Ferrari 89 laps 1m 27.211s
*denotes 2015 Sauber