|Vettel fastest in new Ferrari|
Sebastian Vettel set the fastest time on the opening morning of testing at Barcelona in his 2016 Ferrari.
Vettel and reigning F1 champion Lewis Hamilton traded quickest laps with the four-time champion setting a best time of 1m24.939s on medium Pirellis, 0.470 seconds clear of Hamilton, who turned the most laps – 66.
Williams' Valtteri Bottas was third quickest, a further seven tenths of a second behind Vettel, followed by Daniel Ricciardo in his Red Bull with a lap of 1m26.704s.
Carlos Sainz Jr was fifth for Toro Rosso, 2.2s behind Vettel.
Jenson Button completed 34 laps in his McLaren-Honda with the Briton's best lap a 1m27.691s.
Romain Grosjean debuted the new Haas car in 8th but suffered a broken wing that just flew off the car.
On his F1 debut, Force India reserve Alfonso Celis Jr was down in ninth, 4.467s off Vettel, with Jolyon Palmer 10th 6.412s off the pace.
Manor rookie Pascal Wehrlein managed just seven laps, the young German bringing up the rear, and 8.516s down.
Results at Lunch Break
2. Lewis Hamilton BritainMercedes-Mercedes 1m 25.409s
3. Valtteri Bottas Finland Williams-Mercedes 1m 26.091s
4. Daniel Ricciardo Australia Red Bull-TAG-Heuer 1m 26.704s
5. Carlos Sainz Spain Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 27.180s
6. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Honda 1m 27.691s
7. Marcus Ericsson Sweden Sauber-Ferrari 1m 28.165s
8. Romain Grosjean France Haas-Ferrari 1m 28.399s
9. Alfonso Celis Mexico Force India-Mercedes 1m 29.406s
10. Jolyon Palmer Britain Renault-Renault 1m 31.351s
11. Pascal Wehrlein Germany Manor-Mercedes 1m 35.673s