(GMM) As reported on Monday, Nico Hulkenberg is staying with Force India.
The Silverstone based team announced on Tuesday that the German has signed up for 2016 and 2017.
2015 Le Mans winner Hulkenberg, 28, had been linked with a move to Haas or Lotus, but said: "I know this team inside out and I feel at home here so it made perfect sense to make a long term commitment."
The media statement did not mention Hulkenberg's current teammate, Sergio Perez, although team boss Vijay Mallya has said he also wants to keep the Mexican.
Nico Hulkenberg: "I'm very pleased to finalise and announce my plans for the future. I know this team inside out and I feel at home here so it made perfect sense to make a long-term commitment. The progress the team has shown over the last two years has really impressed me and gives me confidence for the future. It’s a great group of people who are hungry for success and want to keep improving year-on-year. I think we have the important things in place going forward and I want to continue growing with this team as we move even further up the grid."
Dr Vijay Mallya, Team Principal and Managing Director: "I make no secret of being one of Nico’s biggest fans and so it’s fantastic to confirm him as our driver for the next couple of seasons. He has spent almost four years with us already and in that time we’ve seen him develop into one of the best racing drivers in the world. Nico has the speed, the technical knowledge and the maturity to help us achieve some great results in the years ahead. We will do everything we can to continue delivering a car to match his talent."