Saturday’s prime time presentation of NASCAR Sprint Cup Racing from Kentucky ranked as the most-watched cable sports program of the week and highlighted a triple-header weekend of racing that also included the most watched IndyCar telecast in four years, as well a thrilling Friday Night NASCAR XFINITY Series race.
NBCSN’s daily show NASCAR America also raced to a couple of series highs last week, registering the most-watched episode and week in the history of the program.
NBCSN motorsports viewership highlights include:
- NBCSN registered a total day average of 428,000 viewers this past weekend (July 11-12), up 224% from the same weekend last year (July 13-14, 2014).
- NBCSN’s primetime Saturday presentation of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race averaged 3.2 million viewers – ranking as the most-watched cable sporting event of the week and topping all Saturday sports programming (broadcast or cable). NBCSN’s viewership for the telecast topped Saturday’s second-most watched sporting event by 10% (regionalized MLB coverage – including Yankees vs. Red Sox – on Fox, 2.9 million viewers).
- Viewership for Saturday’s NASCAR telecast peaked at 3.7 million viewers from 10:30-10:45 p.m. ET as Kyle Busch took control of the race in dramatic fashion.
- NBCSN's Friday night NASCAR XFINITY Series race averaged 1.1 million viewers – ranking as Friday’s most-watched cable sports program.
- NBCSN's Sunday afternoon Verizon IndyCar Series telecast from Milwaukee averaged 532,000 viewers, making it the network’s most-watched IndyCar race since Sept. 4, 2011 (591,000, Baltimore). It was also up 66% vs. last year’s Milwaukee race (320,000 viewers). This was the second consecutive telecast in which NBCSN posted its best IndyCar viewership since the 2011 Baltimore race (Fontana, June 27, 512,000 viewers).
- NBCSN's NASCAR America 5:00 p.m. ET studio program averaged 164,000 viewers last week, making it the most-watched week in the history of the studio program.
- Monday's NASCAR America telecast tallied 279,000 average viewers and was the most watched live NASCAR America telecast to date.
- Fans streamed 2.1 million minutes of live NASCAR racing last weekend via NBC Sports Live Extra.