|Matthew Brabham was edged out at the Yard of Bricks by Gabby Chaves in The Freedom 100. Brabham will try do one spot better this weekend in Pocono.|
Below is a preview of this Saturday's Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires Series Pocono Indy Lights 100 featuring Andretti Autosport drivers Matthew Brabham and Zach Veach.
Matthew Brabham, No. 83 United Fiber & Data/MAZDASPEED
- Rookie captured his third podium finish of the season – a second-place finish 0.005 seconds behind the winner – during the Freedom 100 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in May
- Third-generation racer holds the fifth spot in the championship points fight heading into the race weekend at the 2.5-mile oval in Pennsylvania
"I'm just really excited for the weekend and getting back on track. Once we get this weekend underway it's going to be flat out for the rest of the season, so it's really important that I get my head on straight and really start focusing. The team did really well at Pocono last year with Carlos (Munoz), and my goal is to do what he did and win! We'll see how everything goes – obviously I've never been there before, so I'm going to be learning the track and acclimatizing myself.
Plus, we've had such a long break since the race at Indy, it's going to take a bit getting used to driving the car again. It should be a good weekend, and I'll certainly be making a big push for the championship."
|Zach Veach, who sits a mere one point behind championship leader Gabby Chaves, goes for a third 2014 victory at Pocono.|
Zach Veach, No. 26 RePLAY XD
- Secured a podium finish at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in May (third place)
- 19-year-old started sixth and finished fourth at the "Tricky Triangle" in 2013
- Ohio native heads into the eighth round of competition (of 14) tied for first in the championship points standings
" After having a month off, I know my RePLAY XD crew and I are extremely ready to get back to the race track, and what better place to do it at than the 'Tricky Triangle.' The championship has become a lot tighter but we're still tied for the lead! After finishing fourth here last year, I'm going to be looking forward to going for a win and gaining some breathing room in the points standings. The second half of the season starts now!
Andretti Autosport PR