NASCAR Network Television Viewership
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series FedEx 400 on FOX at Dover International Speedway
- 3.8 rating on FOX, +3 percent over 2012
- No. 2 sporting event of the weekend behind only the NBA Playoffs (Game 6 – Miami/Indiana)
- No. 1 program of the week on FOX (5/27 – 6/2)
- Key viewership increases among Kids 2-17 (+33 percent), Males 18-34 (+14 percent), and Females (+8 percent)
- Through 13 events, an average of 7.7 million viewers have tuned in to each NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event on FOX.
- Currently ranks as the highest rated and most-watched sport in season
- Eight of 13 event weekends, NASCAR on FOX delivered ratings equal to or greater than last year
- Twelve of 13 event weekends, NASCAR on FOX ranked among the top two sports of the weekend on television
NASCAR Cable Television Viewership
NASCAR Nationwide Series 5-Hour ENERGY 200 on ESPN at Dover International Speedway
- 1.1 coverage rating on ESPN with 1.4 million viewers tuned in
- Among the top five sporting events of the weekend on cable television.
- Dominant No. 2 motorsport of the weekend, behind only NSCS.
- +48 percent more viewers than the two IndyCar Belle Isle events on ABC (942,000 average Sat/Sun)
- Through 11 events, the NASCAR Nationwide Series is averaging 2.0 million viewers tuned in per event.
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Lucas Oil 200 on SPEED at Dover International Speedway
- 0.4 coverage rating on SPEED with 484,000 viewers tuned in
- Second most-viewed program of the week on SPEED (5/27 – 6/2)
- Key viewership increases among Adults 18-34 (+4 percent) and Adults 35-49 (+12 percent)
- Through six events, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series is averaging over 900,000 viewers tuned in per event.
06/07/13 The final TV rating for Saturday's IndyCar race in Detroit dropped to a 0.6 (883,000 viewers). Sunday's race dropped to a 0.7 final rating (1 million viewers).
06/03/13 Overnight television ratings for ABC's live telecast of the second race of the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit on Sunday, June 2, grew 14 percent over last year's Sunday telecast, which also aired on ABC.
The network earned a 0.8 overnight rating, up from a 0.7 overnight for last year's race at the Raceway at Belle Isle Park. The Saturday race, which was new this year, earned a 0.7 overnight rating on ABC.
Several markets saw large increases in overnights year-over-year, including Indianapolis, which led all markets with a 3.8 rating, up 54 percent from last year's 2.4. Nashville saw a 300 percent increase, earning a 1.6 rating compared to a 0.4 overnight last year.
Fort Myers/Naples was up 275 percent (1.5 vs. 0.4), Columbus was up 160 percent (1.3 vs. 0.5), Tampa/St. Petersburg rose 133 percent (1.4 vs. 0.6), Philadelphia was up 100 percent (1.2 vs. 0.6) and Dayton, Ohio, saw a 60 percent gain (1.6 vs. 1.0).