Fogarty padded his career Grand-Am pole tally to 22 with a fast lap at 107.680 mph (1 minute, 23.035 seconds). on the 2.534-mile Brickyard road course. He will share the driving with Alex Gurney in the No. 99 GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing Corvette DP in the three-hour main event, scheduled for 4 p.m. ET today.
Max Angelelli qualified second in the No. 10 SunTrust Racing Corvette DP that he'll share with Ricky Taylor. Angelelli's best lap was 109.840 mph, just .015 seconds off Fogarty's time. Terry Borcheller qualified third for the No. 5 Action Express Racing team with Antonio Garcia fourth for Spirit of Daytona Racing, completing a top-four sweep in Daytona Prototype qualifying by Corvette DPs.
Alex Popow — whose co-driver, Sebastien Bourdais, was fastest in practice — settled for fifth in qualifying in the No. 2 Starworks Motorsport/Soloson Ford Riley.
Jonathan Bomarito will start first in the Grand Touring class after turning in a 100.960 mph (1 minute, 30.359 seconds) lap in the No. 70 SpeedSource MazdaSpeed/Modspace/Castrol Mazda RX-8. Bomarito, who will share the load with co-driver Sylvain Tremblay, edged Boris Said for the GT pole. Said, with co-driver Eric Curran, will start second in class in the No. 31 Whelen Engineering Corvette from Marsh Racing.
The Rolex Series event follows a 2 1/2-hour race, starting at 1 p.m. ET, for the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Series.
Daytona Prototype Top 3:
1. Jon Fogarty – No. 99 GAINSCO Auto Insurance Corvette DP – 1:23.035 (109.86 mph)
2. Max Angelelli – No. 10 SunTrust Corvette DP – 1:23.050 (109.84 mph)
3. Terry Borcheller – No. 5 Action Express Racing Corvette DP – 1:23.167 (109.69 mph)
GT Top 3:
1. Jonathan Bomarito – No. 70 Mazdaspeed/Modspeed/Castrol Mazda RX-8 – 1:30.359 (100.98 mph)
2. Boris Said – No. 31 Whelen Engineering Corvette – 1:30.457 – 100.85 mph
3. Robin Liddell – No. 57 Stevenson Auto Group Chevrolet Camaro GT.R – 1:30.459 (100.85 mph)