"No. We will not be available in the forthcoming season as an engine supplier," he said in Munich on Wednesday.
BMW's decision to withdraw from formula one follows that of Honda late last year, and amid rumors Toyota and Renault may soon follow.
But BMW-Sauber team boss Mario Theissen said he does not get the feeling that more manufacturers are set to depart.
"We spoke all together last weekend in Budapest," said the German, referring to the FOTA alliance also comprising Ferrari, Mercedes, Toyota and Renault.
"I did not get the impression that similar decisions are approaching with other teams or manufacturers, but of course only the teams themselves can say that for sure," Theissen added.