|Roger Penske's team ran roughshod over the entire 2019 IndyCar season|
Although Roger Penske has come out and said the competition in IndyCar has never been better, in fact nothing can be further from the truth. Let's examine the facts:
- There are ten full-time teams in IndyCar. Yet just one team, Team Penske, won 9 of 17, or 53% of the races
- Team Penske won the Indy 500 for the 18th time. This is the crown jewel of the IndyCar series, the one race that pays a real purse. Team Penske won it with Simon Pagenaud.
- Team Penske won the IndyCar Series title with Josef Newgarden – Team Penske's 16th drivers title in IndyCar. No one else comes close
- Team Penske had the most top-10 finishes led by Simon Pagenaud (14)
- Team Penske had the most top-5 finishes with Josef Newgarden (12)
- Team Penske had the most laps led, 1,990 with Simon Pagenaud
- Team Penske drivers had the most race wins Josef Newgarden (4) and Simon Pagenaud (3)
- Team Penske drivers had the most poles with Simon Pagenaud and Will Power – 3 each
- Team Penske drivers had the most races led with Josef Newgarden (12) and Will Power (11)
- Team Penske drivers finished 1-2-3 in most laps led Newgarden (490), Pagenaud (267) and Power (233)
In other words Team Penske made the 2019 IndyCar Season a one-sided affair.