|Newgarden will run PPG livery this weekend at COTA|
PPG has announced that it will continue its longstanding support of Team Penske by serving as a primary sponsor for multiple races throughout the 2019 season in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, the NASCAR Xfinity Series and the NTT IndyCar Series. The sponsorship marks PPG and Team Penske’s 35th year of working together.
PPG’s 2019 sponsorship began Feb. 24 with Ryan Blaney in the NASCAR Cup Series event at Atlanta Motor Speedway. It will extend through Oct. 6, with nine more races in the three series at eight locations across the U.S.
“Sponsoring Team Penske cars is an honor for us at PPG, and we are very pleased to do it again this year," said Bill Shaw, PPG director, marketing and strategic sales, automotive refinish. “We love motorsports, and we have a solid tie with Penske. It is only natural to take that relationship to the racetrack and actively support Team Penske. When Penske cars are racing, we are there cheering them on to the checkered flag."
PPG will be the primary sponsor of Ryan Blaney’s no. 12 Ford Mustang in six NASCAR Cup Series races. The NASCAR Xfinity Series will see PPG riding on the side of the no. 22 Ford Mustang of Austin Cindric in two races. Josef Newgarden will pilot the no. 2 PPG Dallara/Chevrolet for two IndyCar Series events during the course of the 2019 season.
The PPG-Penske relationship began in 1984 with PPG’s sponsorship of the PPG Cup from 1979 to 1999 in the CART Series in which Team Penske competed. PPG started providing paint for Team Penske cars and the relationship grew. Today, PPG is the largest supplier of refinish coatings for Penske Corporation’s racing, truck leasing and automotive collision repair subsidiaries. The robust partnership demonstrates the long-term commitment these companies have to each other and their ongoing success.
PPG is a primary sponsor of Team Penske cars in these remaining 2019 races:
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
- Sunday, March 17, Auto Club 400, Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, Calif.
- Sunday, June 23, Toyota/Save Mart 350, Infineon Raceway, Sonoma, Calif.
- Sunday, Aug. 4, Go Bowling at The Glen, Watkins Glen International, Watkins Glen, N.Y.
- Sunday, Sept. 15, South Point 400, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Sunday, Oct. 6, Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Dover, Dover International Speedway, Dover, Del.
NASCAR Xfinity Series
- Saturday, May 25, Alsco 300, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Charlotte, N.C.
- Saturday, Aug. 10, Mid-Ohio 170, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, Ohio
NTT IndyCar Series
- Sunday, March 24, IndyCar Classic, Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Texas
- Sunday, July 28, Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, Ohio