CHARLOTTE, N.C.– NASCAR splits this weekend between Michigan International Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway, with FOX Sports set to offer nearly 20 hours of live action on FOX, FS1 and FS2. Included are FOX’s live race coverage of the MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES on Sunday, June 10 (2:00 PM ET) and the NASCAR XFINITY SERIES on Saturday, June 9 (1:30 PM ET), both from Michigan, and FS1’s live telecast of the NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES from Texas on Friday, June 8 (9:00 PM ET).
Friday’s NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES race from Texas Motor Speedway marks the first of several Truck Series or NASCAR XFINITY SERIES races airing on FOX Sports this year produced from the NASCAR Plaza in Charlotte. For remotely produced events, FOX Sports’ booth announcers work from the Charlotte-based studio, while pit reporters are on-location at the race track.
Below is programming information for the weekend ahead, as well as quotes from FOX NASCAR analysts Darrell Waltrip, Jeff Gordon, Michael Waltrip and Larry McReynolds and play-by-play announcer Mike Joy.
MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES
- Date/Time: Sunday, June 10 (2:00 PM ET)
- Network: FOX
- Announcers: Mike Joy, Hall of Famer and three-time champion Darrell Waltrip, 2019 NASCAR Hall of Fame inductee and four-time champ Jeff Gordon, and Larry McReynolds
- Pit reporters: Jamie Little, Matt Yocum and Regan Smith
- Pre-race: MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR PRE-RACE (1:30 PM ET on FOX); hosted by Chris Myers with Michael Waltrip, Gordon and Darrell Waltrip
- Hosts: Myers and Michael Waltrip
- FOX NASCAR production staff: Barry Landis (race producer); Artie Kempner (race director); Richie Zyontz (coordinating producer); and Jake Jolivette (pre-race producer)
NASCAR XFINITY SERIES
- Date/Time: Saturday, June 9 (1:30 PM ET)
- Network: FOX
- Announcers: Adam Alexander, Michael Waltrip and driver analyst Joey Logano
- Pit reporters: Jamie Little and Regan Smith
- Pre-race: NASCAR RACEDAY-XFINITY (1:00 PM ET on FOX); hosted by Shannon Spake, Larry McReynolds and Michael Waltrip
- Hosts: Spake and McReynolds
- FOX NASCAR production staff: Pam Miller (race producer); Jeremy Green (race director); Richie Zyontz (coordinating producer); and Jeremy Menell (pre-race producer)
- Programming note: FOX NASCAR reporter Jamie Little makes her play-by-play debut Friday at Michigan, filling in for Adam Alexander during the two NASCAR XFINITY SERIES practice sessions.
NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES (from Texas Motor Speedway)
- Date/Time: Friday, June 8 (9:00 PM ET)
- Network: FS1
- Announcers: Vince Welch, Todd Bodine and Michael Waltrip
- Pit reporters: Hermie Sadler and Kaitlyn Vincie
- Pre-race: NASCAR RACEDAY-NCWTS (8:30 PM ET on FS1); hosted by John Roberts with analyst Jeff Hammond; reporting by Sadler and Vincie
- FOX NASCAR production staff: Mark Smith (race producer); Roger Vincent (race director); Pete Richards (coordinating producer)
FOX NASCAR QUOTES
On the domination this year by Martin Truex, Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch:
“I have been picking up on this for a little while now. Normally, fans don’t like domination. But because we have three drivers dominating the races this year, I think fans are embracing it and are excited about it."
On the playoffs and the four drivers that could contend at Homestead:
“You’ve got to look at guys who overachieve, and Kyle Larson overachieved at Pocono. Some drivers overachieved and finished in the top 10. Jimmie Johnson is getting a little better every week, as are the Chevrolets. This isn’t over yet. We know who the top three are for the championship, but that fourth slot is wide open."
“Even before Pocono, I thought Martin Truex Jr. belonged in the championship conversation. I also think Kyle Larson will join that conversation because he continues to overachieve. His late restart, getting into the second position, and then holding on, was really impressive."
“I don’t know who that fourth one is, but if I had to pick one, I’d put [Kyle] Larson at the top of the list to fill that fourth slot."
On Martin Truex Jr. winning at Pocono:
“Martin Truex so impresses me with how he overcomes. They had a bad pit stop. It didn’t bother him – right back to the front."
On the two different types of tracks left on the FOX NASCAR portion of the 2018 schedule:
“You could not be at more different ends of the spectrum – Michigan, which has become the fastest track we go to — at well over 200 mph and a fairly short race. You must have it all there – handling, aero, strategy. Then we go to our first road course of the year at Sonoma, where strategy will be all over the place. There, it’s more about the man than the machine."
On Kyle Larson going for his fourth-straight win at Michigan:
“He’s a great racer. What I love about him is he is liable to put anything out there. We saw that in the late restart at Pocono. At Michigan, with all the speed you carry, he’s one of the crazy dirt racers who like to throw the car into the corner, so he’ll be one of the favorites to watch."
On the number of drivers who could make the playoffs based on points, due to the low number of winners thus far in 2018:
“It’s going to be a dogfight all the way to the checkered at Indianapolis in the last race of the regular season. There will be a number of drivers – much more than last year — who get into the playoffs on points this year."
FOX NASCAR AT MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY &
TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE
(All times live/Eastern unless otherwise indicated & subject to change)
Friday, June 8
MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES practice (11:30 AM-12:30 PM) (FS2)
NASCAR RACE HUB: WEEKEND EDITION (12:30-1:00 PM) (FS2)
NASCAR XFINITY SERIES practice (1:00-2:00 PM) (FS2)
NASCAR RACE HUB: WEEKEND EDITION (2:30-3:00 PM) (FS1)
NASCAR XFINITY SERIES final practice (3:00-4:00 PM) (FS1)
MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES qualifying (4:00-5:00 PM) (FS1)
NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES qualifying (from Texas) (5:30-7:00 PM) (FS2)
NASCAR RACEDAY-NCWTS (from Texas) (8:00-9:00 PM) (FS1)
NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES Racing (from Texas) (9:00-11:30 PM) (FS1)
Saturday, June 9
MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES practice (9:00-10:00 AM) (FS1)
NASCAR XFINITY SERIES qualifying (10:00-11:30 AM) (FS1)
MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES final practice (12:00-1:00 PM) (FS2)
NASCAR RACEDAY-XFINITY (1:00-1:30 PM) (FOX)
NASCAR XFINITY SERIES Racing (1:30-4:00 PM) (FOX)
Sunday, June 10
MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR PRE-RACE (1:30-2:00 PM) (FOX)
MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES Racing (2:00-5:30 PM) (FOX)