Foust wins race 2 in Canada as Andretti team runs 1-2
Tanner Foust and Scott Speed head to the home of Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross next, taking on Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Indiana for Round 7, July 8 and 9. Qualifying coverage from Indy airs on NBC Sports Network, Saturday, July 8, at 1:30 p.m. ET. Round 7 Finals air Sunday, July 9, live at 4 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network.
For more information, check out AndrettiAutosport.com, newsroom.VW.com and RedBullGlobalRallycross.com.
No. 34 ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK BEETLE GRC
- FINALS: Started 2 // Finished 1
- SEMIFINAL B: Started 1 // Finished 1
- Heat 3A: Started 4 // Finished 1
- Heat 2B: Started 3 // Finished 5
- Heat 1B: Started 2 // Finished 2
- Qualified second with a quickest lap of 38.778 seconds
- Championship: 1 / 10 (418 pts.)
What a finish! It’s been an extremely long weekend. I think we made a lot of rallycross fans up here in Canada, and that’s what it’s all about, showing this sport to new places. It’s an amazing sport that you can carry to all of these different tracks. This track was pretty tough, and I have to thank BFGoodrich for making some tough tires. The fact that they’re staying on these wheels through all of this stuff was pretty unbelievable. I’m incredibly happy and it’s great vindication for Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross, for us to get a 1-2 finish after such a long weekend. It’s really spectacular.
No. 41 ORAFOL BEETLE GRC
- FINALS: Started 1 // Finished 2
- SEMIFINAL A: Started 1 // Finished 1
- Heat 3B: Started 1 // Finished 1
- Heat 2B: Started 1 // Finished 1
- Heat 1B: Started 1 // Finished 1
- Qualified first with a quickest lap of 38.642 seconds
- Championship: 3 / 10 (381 pts.)
Obviously, we had a lot more work to do on the restart of the race. It was a fun race. It maybe wasn’t quite as impressive out here, but in the car, if you could see the lack of what I could see, it was actually a great race. By the end of the race, we pretty much had zero visibility out the window, and I was trying to put as much pressure as I could on second. Unfortunately, I made a mistake on the last corner, but we were able to somehow sneak by to grab second. Shoutout to the Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross team. We crushed it again this weekend with a 1-2 finish, so I have to give it up to these guys. And thank you to all of these fans for coming out in Canada!