The finalists, chosen from a group of 12 candidates who underwent an intense assessment comprising a variety of activities both on and off the racetrack, are:
- Ben Aroma, 17, Manhasset, N.Y., F1600 Championship Series
- Dakota Dickerson, 18, San Diego, Skip Barber Racing Series/Spec Miata
- Tommy McCarthy, 16, Fremont, Calif., SCCA Spec Miata/USAC midgets
- Austin McCusker, 17, Glen Head, N.Y., F2000 Championship Series
- Timo Reger, 18, Houston, Skip Barber Racing Series
- Michai Stephens, 23, Evanston, Ill., F1600 Championship Series
The two winners will be selected later this month. They look to join the likes of former Team USA Scholarship winners Buddy Rice, JR Hildebrand, Conor Daly, Jimmy Vasser, Bryan Herta and Josef Newgarden.