NO. 4 KV RACING TECHNOLOGY CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
"I am looking forward to getting back to an oval. I had never been on one until Indianapolis a few weeks ago and after I had got used to it, I had a lot of fun. Texas will be different though with some big banking, so I will have a lot to learn. I will need to try and get as many laps in as I can and see how it goes, but I always like a challenge. After everything the people in Texas have gone through over the last few weeks, I hope we can put on a good show and that my thoughts are with those that have lost someone and/or their homes in these terrible times."
Coletti sits 20th in the standings with 104 points.
- The 2015 Firestone 600 will be Coletti's second oval race. He made his oval career debut at this year's Indianapolis 500.
- This will be Coletti's ninth Verizon IndyCar Series start, ninth with KV Racing Technology, second oval appearance and first at Texas Motor Speedway.
- Coletti has an oval best finish of 25th and a best start of 30th.
- His best finish on a road/street course is 8th (GP of Indy) and a best start of 8th (Detroit Race 1
NO.11 TEAM HYDROXYCUT – KVSH RACING CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
"I am not a believer in momentum, but obviously we are coming off a fantastic win in Detroit so we're looking forward to a good race on the oval at Texas Motor Speedway. It has been kind of a trying effort for me there the last couple of years after a great International Race of Champions (IROC) race in 2005. I think the Hydroxycut KVSH team is heading in the right direction on ovals. We have made some progress and understanding the car better. Hopefully all the hard work will pay off and we can shoot some guns in victory circle.
Bourdais sits sixth in the championship standings with 228 points, just 17 out of fifth place.
Sebastien Bourdais celebrates his 2005 IROC victory at Texas Motor Speedway
The 2015 Firestone 600 will be Bourdais' 140th Verizon IndyCar Series start, 23rd on an oval, 27th with KVSH Racing and third in an Indy car at Texas Motor Speedway.
- In two previous IndyCar events at TMS, Bourdais qualified 17th (started 15th) and finished 20th in 2013 and qualified (started) 18th and finished 20th in 2014.
- He won the 2005 IROC race at TMS.
- Bourdais has made 15 IndyCar oval starts with a best qualifying of fourth at Fontana in 2013 and a best finish of seventh at the Indianapolis 500 last year.
- Bourdais made seven oval starts in Champ Cars earning four victories: Lausitz in 2003, Las Vegas in 2004, 2005, and Milwaukee 2006.
- Bourdais has finished in the top-10 in five of the first eight races of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series season with two top-five finishes and one win, today in Detroit Race 2 (St. Petersburg, sixth; Long Beach, sixth, Alabama, eighth and Grand Prix of Indianapolis, fourth).
- In 139 career Verizon IndyCar Series starts, Bourdais has won 33 races placing him eighth on the all-time list and earned 33 pole positions, tied for seventh all-time.