- Sauber and Toyota missing from 2010 entry list
- FIA confirms Manor to be called Virgin Racing
- Alguersuari entry list snub 'surprising' – management
- Around the 'net: F1 on Tuesday Dec. 1st
Sauber and Toyota missing from 2010 entry list
(GMM) Both Sauber and Toyota are missing from the FIA's newly published provisional entry list for the 2010 season.
The list features 12 teams, with a final and thirteenth likely to be added ahead of talks preceding the World Motor Sport Council on December 11.
There has been speculation that, in order to avoid a $150m fine, Toyota has been in talks with a Serbian outfit called Stefan GP about handing over its commitment to the Concorde Agreement.
Sauber, presently on standby should a vacancy arise, will be re-acquired by its founder Peter Sauber only if the FIA grants it an official entry.
The Swiss newspaper Blick said Sauber, 66, was meeting with Bernie Ecclestone on Monday.
The FIA said Toyota "remains formally bound by the Concorde Agreement to put forward a team for participation, though it has indicated that it will not be in a position to do so.
"An announcement will be made regarding this entry in due course."
Sauber told F1's official website: "Regarding the slot on the grid I am very confident that we will be given a final confirmation very shortly."
FIA confirms Manor to be called Virgin Racing
(GMM) The new British team Manor's takeover by the Virgin brand is definitely set to proceed.
Although the parties have not yet announced a tie-up, the FIA said on its entry list for the 2010 season that the team featuring Timo Glock in car number 24 will be known as 'Virgin Racing'.
Virgin, headed by the flamboyant billionaire Sir Richard Branson, sponsored Brawn in 2009 but has been widely tipped to jump ship to Manor, one of four new teams in formula one.
Manor had to lodge its official team title with the FIA now, because a subsequent change would require the unanimous agreement of every other competitor.
For example, Brawn wants to change its name to Mercedes Grand Prix, but the Brackley based constructor was listed as 'Brawn Mercedes Benz' on Monday's provisional FIA list.
The governing body said the 2009 world champions have "indicated its intention to change its team name to Mercedes Grand Prix prior to the start of the 2010 season".
This must be agreed at the forthcoming F1 Commission meeting and then ratified by December 11's World Motor Sport Council.
The entry list also confirmed that Red Bull will still be powered by Renault engines in 2010.
Alguersuari entry list snub 'surprising' – management
(GMM) Jaime Alguersuari's management has expressed surprise that the 19-year-old's name does not feature on the provisional 2010 entry list published on Monday by F1's governing body.
Toro Rosso said recently that while Sebastien Buemi is being retained for next season, Alguersuari's deal is yet to be formalized.
However, Alguersuari said in the Spanish press last week that he signed a 2010 contract some months ago.
But while Buemi is listed by the FIA as the occupant of next year's Toro Rosso car number 16, the Swiss 21-year-old's teammate is officially 'TBA' (to be announced).
"Jaime's contract has been signed and renewed for next season so this is very surprising news," Alguersuari's management team said in a statement, according to the AP news agency.
"Jaime is, as we speak, undergoing physical and psychological training with the Red Bull team in Austria in preparation for the upcoming season," the statement added.
Around the 'net: F1 on Tuesday Dec. 1st
(GMM) Jenson Button in the running for the 2009 BBC Sports Personality of the Year title:
Robert Kubica finishes the Rallye du Var in 29th place (Polish):
Photos of Jules Bianchi getting ready to test for Ferrari in Tuesday's Jerez test:
Felipe Massa's first child, a boy named Felipe Bassi Massa, born in Sao Paulo: