This week’s Top-10 TUMS honors go to:
10. For the second week in a row, the Nationwide race is a victim to weather. The die-hard fans wait out a two-hour rain delay to watch 171 laps of action. At least the race was entertaining.
9. Jimmie Johnson fails to regain his championship form. He runs in the top five for most of the race, but finishes 18th. His average finish this year is a meager 17.8.
8. Jamie McMurray has another rough day. His Crown Royal Ford finishes last.
7. After winning the Daytona 500, the magic seems to have deserted Ryan Newman. He is involved in a crash early and struggles to 33rd.
6. Mike Skinners’ day literally goes up in blaze as his Red Bull Toyota is engulfed in flames. Luckily, Mike is uninjured.
5. Dale Jarrett makes his last start in a point race and finishes an inglorious 37th. Thanks Dale for being such a great ambassador to the sport.
4. Jeff Green, John Andretti and Patrick Carpentier don’t have a chance to make the show when qualifying is rained out. I’m sure they could all use some Tums.
3. Kyle Petty manages to finish 28th at Bristol, but has now fallen to 40th in car owner points. He will now have to qualify on speed.
2. Denny Hamlin’s car sputters on the green-white-checkered restart. His chance at victory quickly evaporates.
1. Tony Stewart dominates the race, but is crashed out by Kevin Harvick with only two laps to go. Not sure if Tums makes anything for heartbreaking defeat.