Crew Chiefs do NOT change tires, why are they fined instead of the tire changer who screws up?
Silly NASCAR with their silly lug nuts…..instead of a single lug nut like F1 and IndyCar have used for decades.
Six crew chiefs have been fined for lug nut violations from last weekend’s races at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
Each crew chief’s respective entry had one lug nut found not safe and secure in post-race inspection.
Cup crew chiefs:
- Adam Stevens (No. 20 – driver Christopher Bell)
- Jonathan Hassler (No. 21 – driver Matt DiBenedetto)
- Mike Wheeler (No. 23 – driver Bubba Wallace)
- Greg Ives (No. 48 – driver Alex Bowman) were fined $10,000 each by NASCAR.
Xfinity crew chiefs
- Brian Wilson (No. 22 – driver Austin Cindric)
- Chris Gayle (No. 54 – driver Kyle Busch) were fined $5,000 each by NASCAR.