Sunday’s Formula 1 Hungarian Grand Prix on ESPN attracted an average audience of 964,000 viewers, the largest U.S. average audience on record for a Formula 1 event from Hungary, broadcast or cable.
- Viewership was the fourth-largest of the season for F1.
- The race had the seventh-largest audience on record for F1 on cable in the U.S.
- Audience peaked between 10:45-11 a.m. ET with 1.1 million viewers as Esteban Ocon won his first F1 race.
- F1 races on ESPN networks are averaging 946K viewers – up 56 percent over the full season of 2020 (608K) and 41 percent over the full season of 2019 (672K).
- Compared to first 11 races of the season, the 2021 F1 average is up 47 percent over 2020 (645K) and up 39 percent over 2019 (681K)
The Formula 1 season continues Sunday, August 29, in Belgium. The race will air 8:55 a.m. ET on ESPN2.