F1: Italian GP TV Rating
Sunday’s Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix on ESPN2 attracted an average audience of 0.53 Rating/880,000 viewers, the third-largest F1 audience on record for ESPN2 (surpassing the mark set just last week by the Netherlands Grand Prix).
- The audience was the second-largest ever for the Italian Grand Prix and the largest since ABC aired the race in 2002 to 1.05 million viewers.
- The race was the most-viewed Italian Grand Prix on cable on record.
- The audience peaked at 1.1 million average viewers between 10:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. ET.
- The race had the 11th largest audience of 2021 (again surpassing the mark set last week) and falls within the top 20 audiences for F1 on cable on record
- F1 races on ESPN networks are averaging 938K viewers – up 54 percent over the full season of 2020 (608K) and 39 percent over the full season of 2019 (672K).
- Compared to first 13 races of the season, the 2021 F1 average is up 49 percent over 2020 (631K) and up 40 percent over 2019 (668K).
- ESPN2’s telecast of Sprint Qualifying on Saturday averaged 642,000 viewers, the most-viewed qualifying round this year.
The season averages do not include the rain-plagued Belgian Grand Prix.
The Formula 1 season continues Sunday, September 26, in Russia. The race will air 7:55 a.m. ET on ESPN2.