WEC: Pla Tops Times for Glickenhaus in FP3 at Sebring
Olivier Pla’s mid-session time ensured that Glickenhaus returned to the top of the times in the final practice session ahead of the Sebring 1000 Miles on Friday….
Olivier Pla thrusts Glickenhaus to the top of the times in the final free practice before the opening qualifying session of the 2022 FIA WEC later today.
Porsche continues to enjoy pace advantage in LMGTE Pro, while United Autosports USA leads the way in LMP2.
The Headlines from FP3 at Sebring:
- Olivier Pla puts Glickenhaus to the front in Hypercar with a best lap of 1m49.261s
- The distinctive 007LMH machine paces the Alpine A480-Gibson by 0.4s in 60-minute session
- A 1m49.664s lap from Nico Lapierre in early part of 60-minute session had led the Hypercar field at Sebring until Pla’s mid-session flyer
- No.8 Toyota GR010 Hybrid places second with Brendon Hartley lapping in 1m50.169s
- Toyotas place third and fourth as Jose-Maria Lopez sets time just 0.3s off sister Toyota GR010 Hybrid
- Michael Christensen again leads the LMGTE Pro class after setting best time of 1m57.448s in the No.92 Porsche 911 RSR
- A 1m57.672s lap by Gimmi Bruni ensures another Porsche 1-2
- Corvette Racing third as Nick Tandy posts a 1m58.693 but time is slightly slower than that set in FP2
- AF Corse Ferraris place in fourth and fifth in LMGTE Pro as No.51 488 GTE Evo heads No.52 but both Prancing Horse cars showing increased pace
- United Autosports USA ahead again in LMP2 as Filipe Albuquerque sets pace with a best of 1m49.745s in No.22 Oreca-Gibson
- That time is just 0.2s faster than the No.38 JOTA entry as Antonio Felix da Costa sets a peak time of 1m49.980s
- Paul Di Resta’s 1m50.438s lap ensures that the No.23 United Autosports USA team places first and third
- No.28 JOTA entry driven by Ed Jones causes only full course yellow of session after Jones loses right rear wheel and spins at Turn 8
- LMP2 cars still in mix with Hypercars as top two place second and third in overall times
- No.46 Team Project 1 Porsche tops close LMGTE Am category as Matteo Cairoli laps in 1m58.776s
- Cairoli’s best eclipses Seb Priaulx’s early session effort of 1m59.185s by 0.4s
- Aston Martin place third as Nicki Thiim laps in 1m59.233s in Northwest AMR Vantage
- Iron Dames Ferrari suffers small amount of rear-end damage after Sarah Bovy spins at final corner
Click HERE for FP3 session times