–by Mark Cipolloni–
The estate of Kevin Kalkhoven has decided to sell their 50% share of the GP of Long Beach since his death last year. Kevin Kalkhoven’s business partner, Gerald Forsythe, still owns the other 50%.
We have to imagine it is worth a lot of money.
Potential buyers we would imagine:
- Roger Penske/Penske Enterprises to ensure it remains an IndyCar race
- The France Family who would love to convert it to a NASCAR Cup and IMSA weekend
- Liberty Media/Greg Maffei who would likely be genuinely interested in that 4th USGP Formula 1 race. They entertained a bid from NY City but rejected it. Long Beach used to be an F1 race and the seaside setting would be right up their alley – the Monaco of the West.
- Stephen Ross who is in partners with Liberty Media for the Miami GP
- Dan Towriss – Who is in partners with the Andretti’s in IndyCar and soon F1 and has a real interest in motorsports
- Mark Walter – Owner of the LA Dodgers and other big sports entities and who is also partners with the Andretti’s effort to have an F1 team
- Andretti Acquisitions (WNNR) – a special purpose acquisition company, focuses on effecting a merger, share exchange, asset acquisition, share purchase, reorganization, or similar business combination with one or more businesses or entities.
Stay tuned to these pages as this should get interesting.