Ford had today revealed its new challenger which will join the FIA WEC GT3 category from 2024.
- Mustang GT3 boasts bold, exciting new race livery and Ford Performance logo from renowned motorsports designer Troy Lee
- Ford Performance extends relationship with longtime partners Multimatic and M-Sport to produce the Mustang GT3 and its Coyote-based V8 engine
- Proton Competition becomes the first customer team to officially declare their intent for a Mustang entry in the 2024 World Endurance Championship season and the 2024 24 Hours of Le Mans
The Mustang GT3 race car, based on the all-new 2024 Mustang Dark Horse, was unveiled to the racing world at 24 Hours of Le Mans today, round four of FIA WEC.
The first customer team, announced today, is Proton Competition. Based in Ehingen, Germany, Proton intends to campaign a pair of Mustang GT3s in the FIA WEC starting in 2024.*
“This is a very important program and an exciting moment for our organization,” said Proton Competition team principal Christian Ried. “The Mustang is a great brand and this is an important step for our team. We look forward to joining with Ford starting in 2024.”
“Ford and Le Mans are bound together by history. And now we’re coming back to the most dramatic, most rewarding and most important race in the world,” said Jim Farley, CEO, Ford Motor Company. “It is not Ford versus Ferrari anymore. It is Ford versus everyone. Going back to Le Mans is the beginning of building a global motorsports business with Mustang, just like we are doing with Bronco and Raptor off-road.”
The all-new Ford Mustang® GT3 race car is ready to tear up the track with a Coyote™ engine-based 5.4L naturally aspirated V8 developed by Ford Performance and M-Sport.*
Crafted to Win
Ford Performance continued its partnership with Multimatic to produce the precision-crafted Mustang® GT3 race car. It’s raring to help you set personal bests on every lap.Features include:
- Bespoke Short-Long Arm Suspension
- Rear-Mounted Transaxle Gearbox
- Carbon Fiber Body Panels
- Unique Aero Package