|Ford Mustang GT4|
Ford Performance revealed on Tuesday an all-new, track-ready turnkey Mustang race car that's ready to compete around the globe – the Ford Mustang GT4.
Unveiled at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, the Mustang GT4 has been designed and engineered jointly by Ford Performance and Multimatic Motorsports to compete in sports car championship racing series globally, including the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge, Pirelli World Challenge GTS/GT4, and GT4 European Series. It’s inspired by the Ford Shelby GT350R-C that won the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge championship just last month.
"As the Mustang nameplate continually expands its presence in markets throughout the world, so does our relevant motorsport presence," explained David Pericak, global director of Ford Performance. "The Mustang GT4 is equipped to compete and win on tracks around the globe, and we expect it to be as popular with racers as its production sibling is with consumers."
The Mustang GT4 is equipped with the next generation, naturally aspirated 5.2L V8 racing engine specifically tuned for GT4 competition. The race engine was engineered, validated and built by Ford Performance in partnership with Roush Yates Engines.
A lightweight, compact six-speed Holinger paddle shift transmission delivers proven race durability with direct-pneumatic activation for fast, positive and consistent gear shifts. The GT4 powertrain also carries a dry sump oiling system, ZF-developed twin-plate racing clutch and flywheel.
Aerodynamic enhancements on the Mustang GT4 include a rear wing, the design of which was derived from lessons learned by the Ford GT racing program, front splitter, hood venting, diveplanes and rear diffuser.
On the interior, the Mustang GT4 carries a full FIA-compliant roll cage and race-oriented dash logger from MoTeC.
This 2017 Mustang GT concept is an enthusiast’s dream. It uses a cutting-edge VMP Performance Gen II-R 2.3-liter TVS supercharger and custom calibration technologies to deliver an aggressive 851 horsepower. The combination of strength and nearly sinister beauty is a salute to America’s heroes who protect our great nation. From its jet fighter gray fuselage and aerodynamic cues to “landing gear" designed to pull g force at every turn, Track Attack is the answer to childhood fantasies of fast cars and jet planes, all rolled into one amazing street and track arsenal.
- 2017 Ford Mustang GT fastback
- 5.0-liter Ti-VCT V8
- Six-speed manual
- VMP Performance Gen II-R 2.3-liter TVS supercharger kit, 851 horsepower, 703 lb.-ft. torque; triple-pass, dual-fan heat exchanger; plug-and-play fuel pump boosters; TwinJet 67-millimeter throttle body; custom calibration
- Dynatech long-tube headers with catted mid-pipe
- Cervini side exit exhaust
- Ford Performance coil covers**
- Mantic 9000 series sprung street twin-disc clutch
- Roush three-way adjustable coilover suspension
- Baer Eradispeed+ slotted and drilled brake rotors
- Ford Performance Brembo brakes**
Wheels and tires
- Forgestar F10D directional 19- by 9.5-inch front, 19- by 11-inch rear matte black wheels
- Michelin Sport Cup 2 305/30/19 front, 315/30/19 rear tires
- Avalanche custom paint and airbrushed with military tribute
- Cervini custom hood with active air extractors and Plexiglas sight window; grille delete; front splitter; side rockers; side exhaust ports with rear exhaust delete; stalker low-profile rear wing
- VMP Performance rear-facing outboard mirror, camera system
- ZL1 Addons tow hook
- Recaro seating with custom inserts and embroidery
- Five-point safety harness system
- Brey-Krause R-1180 harness bar
- Shrader Performance Mustang rear seat delete kit
- Ford Performance GT350R steering wheel**
- Roush performance pedal upgrade kit
- VMP Performance integrated rear-facing camera, with Ford SYNCÂ® 3 screen
- Aeroforce Technology Interceptor dual digital scan gauges