Sept. 15th key date for Button decision

UPDATE Jenson Button revealed today that talks between himself, BAR and Williams are "going in the right direction" hinting that he might just get to stay at BAR next season. Amongst speculation of million dollar offers of compensation to Williams from BAR to get to keep the English driver, Jenson Button claimed today that negotiations were going well dropping the biggest hint so far that he might just get his wish in this never ending saga. "We have talked and I think that it is going in the right direction," he said. "I think it is going in the right direction for both of us, and we both need to get this cleared up as soon as possible. We all want to get everything sorted out before the end of the year so that we can just concentrate on next season." 09/05/05 Jenson Button's management have been quick to deny suggestions that they are moving closer to a deal with Sir Frank Williams in the English driver's contractual dispute, even though his representative, Richard Goddard, met Williams's Chris Chappell on Saturday in Monza.

"We've been talking," Goddard said, "but there has been no progress so far. Various things have been batted about, but we have definitely not discussed things such as how much or when. We have not yet reached a bartering stage."

Button said: "I have been to Grove [the Williams team headquarters in Oxfordshire] to see Frank and we have talked, but not yet to my satisfaction."

Goddard is hoping that 15 September might bring some pressure to bear, as that is when Williams-BMW have to decide whether to take up an option on their current driver, Nick Heidfeld. The young German missed last weekend's Italian Grand Prix after complaining of headaches on Saturday morning after a crash in testing. He will drive again at Spa this Friday, before making a decision whether to compete in next weekend's Belgian Grand Prix. The Independent

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com