Highlights from the below rating’s analysis from this past weekend:
- The NASCAR Cup race at Gateway and the Xfinity race at Portland on FS1 were first year events, so there are no previous rating to compare them to. The all important ration of (18-49 viewers)/total viewers was 21% and 24% respectively – both horrible and confirming their aging fan base. The Xfinity viewers were up 14% from the Mid-Ohio Xfinity race that ran on the same weekend last year (725,000)
- The NASCAR Truck race from Gateway on FS1 was up 114% over last year’s pathetic rating of 0.21 because this year some big name Cup drivers were in the race. There were 663,000 viewers, up 75% from last year’s Gateway race and up 84% from 2019.
- The NHRA New England Nationals finals were down 10.87% largely because the race moved from FOX last year to FS1 this year. The all important ration of (18-49 viewers)/total viewers was 22% a- horrible and confirming their aging fan base
- The IndyCar race from Detroit on the USA Network saw a 79% drop from last year, partially because the race moved from NBC to USA Network. The all important ration of (18-49 viewers)/total viewers was 27% a- horrible and confirming their aging fan base. Only 94,000 18-49 year olds tuned in.
- By comparison, F1 TV ratings are averaging over 40% of the viewers in the 18-49 age bracket. This explains why the number of American companies enjoying involvement in Formula 1 through sponsorship and partnership agreements has more than doubled since Liberty Media’s takeover.
Weekend TV Ratings
|Network||Event||Location||Total Viewers||18-49 Viewers||Ratio: 18-49 Yr Old
|2022 TV Rating||2021 TV Rating||%Chg|
|FS1||NASCAR Cup Race L||Gateway||2,502,000||516,000||21%||1.47||New Event||–|
|FS1||NASCAR Xfinity Race L||Portland||824,000||194,000||24%||0.56||New Event||–|
|FS1||NHRA Finals||Epping, NH||697,000||150,000||22%||0.41||**0.46||-10.87%|
|FS1||NASCAR Truck Race L||Gateway||663,000||137,000||21%||0.45||0.21||114.29%|
|USA Net||IndyCar Race L||Detroit||354,000||94,000||27%||0.23||*1.11||-79.28%|
*NBC in 2021
**FOX in 2021